Friday, January 7, 2022

The Chu’s Sweet Home 2021 Recap

It’s been a few days since the new year has kicked in. I felt so unproductive that I only got 14 posts for 2021, whereas it was a year full of blessings, events, trips, and lovely memories! 

Home Improvement:

Because the price of shutters has spiked up ridiculously high, we still have the construction paper to blackout the windows in our master bedroom.

However, my Lego wall is a done deal! I finally got to build some new sets and fill the shelves with my collections: Assembly Square, Detective Office, Corner Garage, Bookshop, Sesame Street Rebrickable, Library Rebrickable, 100 Acre Wood with Winnie the Pooh House… (My jaw dropped as I listed them all.) and soon I’ll need more shelves for more to come.



Mental Health: 
I spent quite some time practicing so called "minimalist" this year (in spite of my crazy Lego hoarding). It is a lifestyle that advocates less is more. I've been decluttering a lot of things that I barely used or no long "sparks joy" and practicing bringing items home more consciously. It is still a long way to go; nevertheless, I'd like it to become a lifetime process to pursue.


Spiritual Health:

A small group of girlfriends created a spiritual supporting group via Zoom meet since the beginning of the pandemic. We meet every other week and do self-devotion in between. As of today, we have completed 24 devotional plans! I couldn’t be more grateful for being part of this gathering. It feels so good to be cared and loved, and most importantly, to be once again close to my belief and refresh it every so often.    



Travel:
We had two camping trips this year: one with friends and the other one with extended family. These trips seem so much more precious than ever during the time of pandemic.


Moreover, we got to travel out of state to Arizona, Utah (Zion National Park), and Florida (Disney World)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...