Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Playroom mini Makeover

There are a little of here and there changes that happened last year in the kids’ playroom a.k.a. the family room. 


I first removed all the frames and stuff on the wall and requested a bookshelf.
Charles made this unique piece with nice details. He carved those pretty curves onto the dividers. I love it! The bookshelf was originally designed to be a display case for my Lego collection but it turned out to be much narrower for most of my buildings. Therefore, it became a perfect spot to launch Charles’ Saturn V.


Second of all, we modified the old coffee table and turned it to the kids’ multipurpose table. They do homework, free drawing, and random arts and crafts on this table. I can also build my Lego on a much bigger tabletop. It’s worth mentioning that Charles trimmed his Ikea desk (apparently from 1999!) to fit onto the top of our old faux leather coffee table. I always felt this table was too tall to be a coffee table. Now we’re able to reuse it for another purpose.



I found these chic children’s chairs on Amazon at reasonable price. They are pretty durable even for adults. The only complaint is that they are not stackable.


In addition, I use Ikea ROSKUG utility cart to store kids arts materials and paper. The bottom tray is for children’s books.  

Last but not least, we finally forgo our 10-year-old microfiber sofa and give Ikea FRIHETEN sofa bed a shot. Considering we only have two rooms in the house, an additional place to sleep is definitely a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...