Saturday, March 28, 2020

My Own Creation

Today instead of posting an existing Lego set, I want to share some of my own creation. In Lego world called “MOC”. I like my collection of Lego to be displayed around the house, so I barely take them apart to pieces. Aside from the fact that I have limited time during the day and my lack of creativity, I don’t really have many spare bricks to work on something new. One day as I browsed some Lego creation on Pinterest, I found that it doesn’t take many pieces to build this little guy -- Wall-E.



I used the extra pieces that each Lego set has given me and “borrowed” a few basic ones from en’s Classic bricks to build my own Wall-E. It took me some time to figure out how to make Wall-E’s tank treads. Thanks to en’s idea, this was what we worked out together from our limited pieces :) 




Furthermore, introducing Lego Idea series: Pop-Up Book! This is by far my FAVORITE Lego Idea set because it opens up a new way of playing Lego. I love the idea that the builders don’t need massive bricks to create a beautiful model.

It comes with two stories: Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk. You can change the story by switching the content. The coolest thing is that you can shut the book entirely!


Here comes my own pop-up book. I spent two nights playing with the pieces from Lego's Christmas giveaway, mini Gingerbread House. I reconfigured and fitted them into the pop-up book.


Take a guess of which fairytale comes with a gingerbread house?


Hansel & Gretel! I found Bilbo from the Hobbits has the best clothing for Hansel. For Gretel, I picked the Red Riding Hood from Lego minifigure series 7 and Anna from Frozen for Gretel’s hair. I have to admit that they are quite an expensive combination to complete...


A good story needs a bad guy… (which I found from eBay but I could not trace where its original Lego source.)   

I am proud of my own creation and hopefully I will be able to come out more of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...