Saturday, January 18, 2020

Two of My Favorite Things Put Together


Like I mentioned here, Lego released a LOT of great sets last year. This IDEA Central Perk set is definitely one of them. The theme of IDEA is created and voted by Lego fans, and they came up with the iconic scene of Central Perk from the famous TV show F•R•I•E•N•D•S! My all-time favorite TV episode in Lego form?! Two of my favorite things well combined together! I usually wait patiently for the promo gift that I want to collect or when Lego’s VIP double points launches to make purchases, but this time I could NOT wait any longer! I’m glad I did because it appears that the set is always out of stock.
I even moved my DVDs from the attic and emptied a whole shelf to make a memory lane of mine...
Anybody remember Joey's Japanese commercial "men's lipsticks"?
There is no Central Perk if there's no Gunther


The setting was created according to the early episodes when Rachel was still a waitress at Central Perk. Monica and her overalls. Phoebe and her guitar. Chandler, with his laptop, was doing that “statistical analysis and data reconfiguration” for a big company. Joey and his beloved pizza. Ross and his geeky expression, reading the newspaper… There are two facial expression for each of the character. The Lego designer put so much thought into them to make them alive in Lego form!
"Smelly cat smelly cat what are they feeding you..."


This is the whole layout:


The most special design is that we can take out these two parts of the seating area and display them individually. The studio light rigs are also included in the set to make it more realistic.


There are so many details and decoration that I didn't even notice when watching the show!

Alright, everyone look over here, say "cheese"…

Thanks to Charles for the point and shoot techniques. I'm still working on it but those lego characters already look so real in the pictures :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...