Sunday, November 22, 2020

Organize Lego Building Instruction

Since I became a Lego Afol, I’ve accumulated tons of building instruction booklets. I used to throw them in a drawer. However, the number of them just grows so fast that the little drawer is no longer able to house them anymore.

I keep these building instructions because my kids are welcome to play all my collection. Inevitably, there are some pieces fall apart or misplace here there. I occasionally need to dig out these instructions to find the right piece and put it to the right place.


I found a hanging file rack with lots of empty folders in the attic. Charles bought them years ago but never got to put it in use. 


I started making the labels and realized oh gosh how many sets do I acquired within these few years! Yikes!


I used different colors of the files to color code the themes: Modular Buildings, Ideas, Winter Village Sets, Chinese New Year, Creator Experts, and Harry Potter.


I found the file rack fits perfectly inside this toy box (which I bought from Ikea when little en was a baby). I couldn’t find a good place for the toy box so I currently left it in the attic. I’m really happy that I can repurpose the file rack. It seems a perfect “home” for these building instructions!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...