Sunday, February 20, 2022

Rethink of Goodie Bags

I thought Valentine’s Day is to show signs of love to someone who is “romantically” involved with. Nowadays the school makes it a big deal to build friendships among the kids. My kiddos brought a whole lot of candies and goodie-bag toys home surprisingly more than Halloween and Christmas! I like the idea of building friendships and sharing with classmates at school but the amount of candies and toys is not my ideal way of sharing. As I become more aware of sugar intake and eco-friendly, I’d like to see what else my children can share without taking away the spark of joy.


There are a lot of talented moms and teachers who share their great ideas like homemade soap, remolded crayon, and healthier treats online. I procrastinated till the last minute so I went with goldfish treats and packs of hot cocoa for this Valentines.


As for all the goodie-bag toys they’ve been collecting over the years, each of my kids has their own “treasure box” (IKEA GLIS box) to store them properly. I asked them to re-examine the box periodically to clear some space for the new ones. 

To save some space, Charles made this custom divider that can be fitted in an IKEA KALLAX shelf unit. Giving every small object a home can keep the floor fresh and clean. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...