Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Happy Valentine’s Day

Charles and I went snowboarding at Big Bear Mountain on Valentine's weekend. It was a miserable day for me. I felt that I was a three-year-old, whining about not being able to accomplish a task. This was not the first time I got on a snowboard, yet I gave up so quickly and refused to go for another round.

I was very disappointed in myself. I used to be pretty good, or not so bad at many sports; but this time I strongly felt that the sporty side of me has faded away…

The below content has nothing to do with the photos. I came across a memo I wrote down a long long time ago, probably the first few years when I was with Charles. I decided to save it here so that whenever I feel defeated, I can come here for a good laugh:  

  • We once talked about how women are more capable of multi-tasking than men. The other day, Charles was explaining something to me in the car. All of a sudden I smelt something not very pleasant.

"Oh my god, you speak and fart at the same time?"

"See, this is called multi-tasking!" He said it so proudly.


  • Guests were on the way to Charles’s place. He spent quite some time cleaning the mirror and invited me to check his work. "It’s so clean! Here used to be covered by my acne!" 


  • We were ready to get to sleep. I wasn’t sure if I turned off the stove properly, so I got up off the bed to make sure.

“What’s wrong?” Charles asked.

“Just want to make sure the stove is off.” I said.

I came back from the kitchen and he asked, “Is the kitchen still there?”


  • Charles listened patiently when we were on the phone. He sounded not as delighted as he usually does.

“What’s wrong? Is everything alright?” I asked.

“Err… I’m right in front of the men’s room and I really need to go.”

  • The chicken soup I cooked was a bit salty. Charles commented, “This chicken must have sweated a lot.”


  • Charles learning Chinese:

    • 一群朋友們在一起聊天, 聊著聊著有人提起某段日子過得很"窩囊"

    查理斯不明所以的問: 厄...剛才是不是提到 'Walnut' ??

    • 出家? 你是想說離家出走吧?!

    • 曾經跟查理斯解釋什麼叫做"打老婆菜": 丈夫帶了一大把菜回家, 青菜因煮前煮後相差量過大, 丈夫質疑妻子煮菜時偷吃了一大半, 於是把妻子打了一頓; 這一天剝蝦殼挑腸泥弄了好一會兒, 炒出來的蝦就只小小盤, 忍不住抱怨: "我剝了這半天, 炒出來就這麼一點點..." 查理斯: "喔~ 這是打老婆蝦嗎?"


  • I was singing Sound of Music Do-Re-Me in Chinese Version to baby en. “...So-快聽我對你說~ La-把煩惱拋開啦~ Si-我從此笑嘻嘻~ 唱起歌來快樂多~” 

Charles commented, “我還以為你說 Si-我從此拉稀稀咧...” 


  • Charles said to baby en, "不用當第一名, 第二名就好, 因為這樣就可以比YA!"


**The above content was permission granted**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...