Saturday, September 15, 2012

Everything Needs a Start...

Hooray!! Finally the first post on thechusweethome!!

We used to have a wedding website @ knott set up that we never got to update or put anything there because we were all busy planning our hearts out for the big day. Now the wedding was over (for a while), and I realized how much fun planning stuff together with now call hubby, Charles. To have something to begin with, I would love to recall the wedding preparation process, and moreover, every milestone in our new sweet home.


Relationship Timeline

2009.09.05-07 New Life fellowship held a retreat at University of California, San Diego, where I graduated in 2008. As a commitment to return to a Christian fellowship, I attended the retreat and officially met this funny guy who makes me happier than I ever thought I could be.



2009.12.31 I don’t remember the exact date we started to move on to not-just-friends phase (I do remember that he tried to hold my hand at Lowe's. Why Lowe's hon? LOL) I certainly remember we spent our New Year celebration in Disney! He even made these fake tickets to surprise me. They looked so real!


2010 oh dear… what happened to year of 2010? I made a memory book that records our romantic dates and dinners, trips to everywhere near Los Angeles…



2010.02.14 First Valentine’s Day!! I want to show off this gift that I made for Charles because it is nice and “knit”…



2011.04.05-22 Meet the parents!! This trip to Taiwan was a milestone in our relationship because it was the very first time my parents met him in person.


2011.05.21 Big proposal day!! After a period of some pushy family members asking around, we could all anticipate that it was about to happen. When he asked me “Can I take you out this Saturday?” I blew off his plan asked “What? Are you going to propose to me?” (Image his look-away-pretend-nothing-happen look)…… He sure cannot lie! Anyhow, I had no idea how he was going to propose. He took me to Newport Beach for a romantic gondola ride. Just when I thought he was leaning forward to grab the ring, he took out a memory book instead. It records how we met and all the romantic moments up to date. I flipped page by page with cheerful tears, and there it was, a simple elegant ring that was tied in the last page…


   
Thanks to the gondola guy who was able to catch this moment.

And then, the crazy wedding planning was about to begin…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...