Sunday, September 23, 2012

That Once in a Lifetime Dress

Ever since I started the wedding planning, I had been reading whole lots of wedding magazines. Every single dress looked so pretty. Just when I thought I would never make up my mind, White by Vera Wang collection caught my eyes. Model Rosie Tupper makes them so dreamy and gorgeous. It is nice that Vera is willing to join her upscale dresses with David’s Bridal at affordable prices. I couldn’t help falling in love with White by Vera Wang:


2011 Fall Collection
Along with my wedding dress hunting, I found myself learning a lot about a dress.
Throwing in different silhouettes and necklines together, there are tons of combinations already. Thanks to somethingblu blogger who compiled the possible options and gave a splendid explanation:
Well, just like a pair of jeans, you gotta try it on. I thought the Ball Gown and V-neck combination would fit me better but it turned out a strapless and fit-and-flare combination won the big smile on my face. I tried on this one on the second attempt and searched no more. However, a wedding gown over a thousand dollars was still on the high end side of our budget. We wanted to save some and spend a little more on decorating the venue. I searched all over the places, and finally found a “source” who could custom-made the dress I wanted. I took the risk to trust this source, and a few weeks later, it was like a big surprise at my door! Of course it wouldn’t be exact the same as the original Vera. The train was less fluffy and not as many layers as the retail, but this way is actually fitted me better. The only drawback was that the length of the hollow-to-hem was a bit short. Well, at least I wouldn’t need to worry about tripping over when I walked down the aisle.




My favorite part was the lace up closure.

 


Here’s the magic trick about this dress. I found a sewist who did an over bustle for the train. The dress turned into a totally different style by night. I also added a sash around the waist that matched the color of the bridesmaids’. 



 
I loved this dress so much that I even brought it to Taiwan for our newlywed photo session.

We did our photo session after the wedding, so it was still the first sight for the groom seeing the bride in the wedding gown that day! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...