Thursday, November 15, 2012

Unforgettable Song List


Just when I thought I’m pretty much done talking about my wedding, here comes more - my unforgettable song list:

Slideshow - When we together by Mark Harris
Our friend, also one of the groomsmen made a sweet slideshow, twice, for us. One is for our wedding on March 4th, 2012 in Diamond Bar, US and the other is for our banquet in Taipei, Taiwan on May 6th, 2012. The last version is this song from the movie Courageous: when the little girl asked her daddy to dance with her in the park. A lovely touching song with our friend's blessing verse Romans 12:12.




Grand Entrance - One love (Karaoke version) by Arashi

During the wedding planning, it was also the period that I was insanely in love with this Japanese boy group - Arashi. I purposely planned a lot of songs just to fit in the entire evening.


First Dance - Everything by Michael Bublé
Instead of a romantic slow song, Charles and I picked this lively and sweet song, Everything, which is sung by my favorite Jazz singer, Michael Bublé. We hired a dance teacher to teach us a simple enough two-step swing dance. Two lessons + hours of practice = Lifetime memory. Totally worth it. Inspiring by my beloved Arashi, I composed the air-guitar moves when the background guitar was played. I think we made our guests LOL.



Father-Daughter Dance - 綠島小夜曲 by Vienna Teng
This song is my dad's all time favorite song. I knew he would loved it and be surprised. 綠島小夜曲 is actually sung by famous Teresa Teng but I found Vienna Teng sang this different version that more likely fits on the wedding dance floor.



Second Father-Daughter Dance - Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle
Great lyrics that totally wet my eyes. The emcee attempted to invite all the fathers and daughters to get on the dance floor. Unfortunately, our father-daughter guests were too shy to dance. Anyhow, I had a great time dancing with my high school teacher, whose family have become my good friends and mentors along the years.



Cake Cutting - Love so sweet (Karaoke version) by Arashi
Bouquet Toss - Wish (Karaoke version) by Arashi
Garter Toss - Happiness (Karaoke version) by Arashi
I know, this arrangement seemed pretty insane BUT I was very excited to implant the songs that I love for my special day :)

Dance floor must have - YMCA !!



The song I would love to play but not in the list... 最浪漫的事 by 趙永華
It would be very meaningful if this song was able to be played because I quoted some of the lyrics in my vow. If I was able to write my vow BEFORE the song list was decided, I would definitely add this one in the song list and invite all the couples, Mr. & Mrs., engaged couples, boyfriends and girlfriends to the dance floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...