Monday, January 30, 2017

Headboard Modification

One of my new year resolutions is to update more about our home improvement projects. It may seem that there’s nothing left to tackle, but then there’s always woodworking or DIY projects going on in the house. Home improvement project is something that gets me to continue the blog after all and I don’t plan to stop taking notes about that. We’ll see how it goes :)

I pin this picture a long long time ago and I showed it to Charles. After a few year, (no kidding, a few years) he decided to copy it.
Source
Charles made our bedroom headboard back in 2015. He didn’t take my suggestion to add this hidden shelf behind it because he believed that save a little space between the wall and the headboard could help divert the cold air… A year later, he completely forgot about his theory and really wanted to get rid of the night stand so the idea of the hidden shelf was taken in:



Too bad that he did the measurement incorrectly. The depth is too narrow to fit a cup :(  

Here’s our upgraded headboard, featuring hidden book/magazine shelf!

I got rid of my night stand when we created a nursery space for little en. I replaced the table with the nursing chair. Since then, I’d been having trouble to place my hairband, glasses, and phone. Charles wanted to discard his as well but still needed a place to put his water bottle and phone. Now, problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...