Friday, December 8, 2017

Shop For Christmas Gifts

Charles and I are pretty straight forward in terms of Christmas Gifts. We just tell or give obvious hint to each other what we really want. A couple months ago, Charles “requested” this Lego Apollo Saturn V. I was like, “sure, not a problem. I’ll wait till Lego's VIP double points promotion and buy it then,” but the set was so popular and sold out instantly. It had been out of stock for the longest time. “Great,” I thought to myself, “I probably need to postpone it to the next year as his birthday gift.” What went well was that just a few days ago I was thrilled to find out one of the nearby Toys R Us had it in stock! What came even better was that the lady at the register gave me 30% off for waiting in the line for half an hour! Woohoo!  

There's an extra piece in this picture...
Here are the things we bought for ourselves as Christmas treats during the cyber week deal:

1. Lego Apollo Saturn V @ Toys R Us 30% off of $134.99
2. DeWalt TOUGHSYSTEM® Radio + Charger @ AcmeTools $142
3. Google Home Mini @ eBay $30 plus $10 off coupon
4. Bose QuietComfort® 25‎ @ Bose.com with $120 coupon applied twice! End up $60!
5. Ikea Gift Card @ Ikea.com buy a $100 and get $20 eCard for free

My list is usually filled with kids stuff. This year I actually bought a few things for myself.

1. Around the World Ornaments @ Land of Nod $29.95 for Set of 12  
2. Dylan’s Candy Bar House Advent Calendar @ Land of Nod $29.95 
3. Hunter Women’s Original Short Rain Boots @ Amazon $104.98 and Free Return
4. Kate Spade Sailor’s Knot Hinge Bangle Silver @ Amazon $37.44
5. Pineapple Shaped Cross Body Bag @ Amazon $13.99 (It just caught my eye and was cheap with good reviews)
6. Kate Spade Stevie Striped Large Diaper Bag @ TJMaxx $145 (I'm not sure if this is a good purchase. I’ve become a light packer lately. This is more like a weekender bag to me.)  

As for the little ones, Grandma insisted to buy a new bike for en because he’s about to outgrow his Radio Flyer Tricycle:
RoyalBaby BMX Freestyle Kids Bike with Training Wheels
En spends so much time on this action-packed ultimate book so I decided to get him another one! We have No. 2 and 3 will be en's Christmas gift.
Shop the Ultimate Book of 1. Vehicles/2. Construction Site/3. Cities/4. Airplanes and Airports
I scored this band in a box at $11.97 from Land of Nod (sold out) for both en and el. The same one with different color can be found here.

I caught this B. Pet Vet set on sale at $19.90 a while ago and saved it for little el on Christmas. 

Lastly, I bought two of Kelty Woobie 30 Degree Kids Sleeping Bags. En and little el may still be too little to use them yet, but we’re all looking forward to more camping trips in the near future!!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...